Saturday, May 19, 2012

Great Friends- Great Neighbors

We had the BEST neighbors while living in Salt Lake. Kinsley and Aila loved playing with their kids! Kinsley would stand by our back window watching their comings and goings. They would often invite Kinsley to come with them if they ever had someplace to go- soccer, the park, the library, and gymnastics. If their car was ever gone she would say, "Oh no! They leaveed me." Then she would keep her vigil, standing by the window, until they returned. One day I caught Kinsley, Ryker, and Sadie picking tulips, dandelions, and flowers off of the trees- I asked Kinsley what they were doing and she said, "I am getting married to Ryker and need flowers." I would always tell Kinsley that she could play outside but NOT in their house. As soon as I turned my back she would be in their house asking/begging their mom, Danielle, if she could hold baby Oakley. She often tells me, "Mom I want a new baby sister named Oakley." Kinsley was really sad to move away (again) from her friends. They will be missed!
Ryker, Aila, Sadie, & Kinsley

My Neighbors and Friends
by Ellen Bailey
My neighbors and my friends are very dear to me
They are always there whenever there is a need

We talk to each other and we borrow and lend
Such treasures they are, my neighbors and friends

I sing then they sing and I laugh when they laugh
We do things for each other on the other's behalf

They share with me their worries and fears
I share with them my compassion and my tears

How lonely and cheerless a place my soul would be
Without such neighbors and good friends as these

I cherish them all and take each one into my heart
Feeling the love and kindness each in turn imparts

1 comment:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That's pretty sweet. Moving is hard sometimes.