Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Aila @ 16 Months

Well, I guess it is more official now. Aila is on the move! She takes the initiative and walks on her own. Although, it still isn't her main mode of getting around.


She hasn't quite learned to stand up after she falls down. She tries this way... but then gives up and scoots to the nearest piece of furniture and pulls herself up.We have been teaching Aila sign language. She can correctly sign the words: help, all done, milk, more, thank you, please, book, and open. "More" is her favorite word. Here is a video of her signing. I should also mention that she is signing "more" after her THIRD bowl of pasta. I swear- all this girl does is eat. We are surprised she isn't ginormous!

Aila recently went in for a check-up. She finally gained weight and currently weighs 19 pounds 11 ounces (in the 5th percentile). She is 30 inches tall (in the 43rd percentile). She also received some immunizations which left her limping, crying, and saying "ow" for two days.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh I love sweet little Aila--she is just too cute!

Brittany H said...

Your kids are so cute! Brigham does the same thing as Aila - eats and eats, but still doesn't seem to gain anything. I don't know where it goes!

Angela Cothran said...

Is her hair getting lighter? I think she looks so much like you did when you were little :)