My dad (who always watches the weather) told us the best day to go skiing was on Wednesday. When we arrived at Pomerelle it became apparent that he lied. It was a terrible ski day! It was freezing cold, it snowed the entire time, and some of the runs were closed due to the white out. Pomerelle also had a ton of powder- at some spots the powder came up to our knees! We have never seen so much powder! I am not skilled at powder skiing so it took me a long time to get down the mountain and by the end of each run my legs would be burning! We ran into my Grandpa Jones, Aunt Tesha, and Uncle Cade. It still amazes me that my Grandpa (in his 70's) still loves to ski! It was fun seeing my grandpa at Pomerelle because I haven't skied with him in years! He told me next year Kinsley will be old enough to come with us... (we started skiing young)... I guess we will have to see.
- Ye who love a nation's legends,
- Love the ballads of a people,
- That like voices from afar off
- Call to us to pause and listen,
- Speak in tones so plain and childlike,
- Scarcely can the ear distinguish
- Whether they are sung or spoken;-
- Listen to this Indian Legend,To this Song of Hiawatha!
5 comments:
Oh man that sounds so nice to be away for 24 hours. I think the only 24 hours I have gone without seeing Lucy was when I had my appendix taken out right before moving to Memphis. It was not a vacation! The massage sounds so relaxing!
Don't you love it when people inform you your kids don't miss you?!
I'm glad you got some couple's time. Sounds fun!
What a nice gift. It sounds like you enjoyed it for the most part. We got to get away overnight too and think it is important to have that "us" time as you say. Morgan didn't miss us either.
Sounds fun even though it wasn't perfect - I would love away time from Hudson and I wouldn't even mind if he didn't miss me :)
Careful, after a few more kids you'll be hooked on these times away! I am sooo grateful for Jesse's parents living so close, it would be the ONLY way it would happen! So good for you for going!
Post a Comment