Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Month Has Flown...








...and finally we've made time to update this thing. We had Kinsley's pictures taken last week and decided to post a few of our favorites. She had her days and nights mixed up for the first 3 weeks but she finally started to sleep for 4 consecutive hours during the night (whoopee!). She's a good little baby and has only pooped on Kiley once.

A week after she was born, we moved in with Kiley's family in Burley. They've been a great help (except when she has a dirty diaper or gets fussy and Grandpa Jones says, "I'm done, who wants her?").

Eric has been working for Jones Construction and is getting a great farmer's tan. Kiley thinks her time consists of: feeding, changing diapers, feeding, soothing, feeding, and... feeding. Kiley would like to note that after the first week, Eric backed out on the original deal that Kiley feeds her and he changes her. Eric would like to note that changing diapers falls under the "nurturing" category!

On a sour note, we recently found out that Eric's dad has cancer (a carcinoid tumor was removed from his small intestine when the surgeon was doing exploratory surgery to treat "IBS"--the cancer was a suprise). He should be returning home within a week and will start chemotherapy shortly thereafter. After 5 days of IV's and ice chips, he was finally able to drink some liquids today and looks forward to real food.

9 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

Hey guys! We are so excited for you. Your little baby girl is so sweet. Congratulations! And we pray Eric's dad is doing well and heals quickly.

Jenn said...

They turned out so cute!! She is so precious!

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pictures!! They are so adorable!! I hope your dad gets feeling better Eric.

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures...she looks like a very sweet baby. Good luck on the schedule thing, sometimes it takes a while. Thanks for the update on your dad. Your family is in our prayers.

Jill Manning said...

oh my gosh, could that picture of her in the tea cup be any cuter? And Kiley you look amazing for just having a baby!! I'm glad she figured out her days and nights for you. Keep the updates and pictures coming! And Eric, I will keep your father in my prayers, I'm sorry to hear about the cancer but hope that they caught it early on so that it can be treated! Good luck with everything!

Katrina said...

Congratulations! She's a beaut. We heard about Papa Pierce. Hope things get better quick.

Anonymous said...

Diddo to everyone else's comments. Eric, I'll keep your dad in my prayers. He's a good guy! And your little one is adorable! I love those pics. Where did you guys have them done. Good luck with that farmer's tan, and Kiley, I know how you feel about the constant feeding changing thing...it's so true.

Anonymous said...

Hey how has the move been?! Your little girl is so cute! This is Amy baker from the ward. My blog is set to private but I am going to add you to my blog. bakerca1205@hotmail.com, just e-mail me your e-mail add and I will send you an invite. hope do hear from you

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful we hope all is going well with you guys.